Tax, Duty and Additional Charges
When an order is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duty and or other fees imposed by the destination country – this now applies to the European Union.
These charges will typically be due once the shipped goods arrive at the destination. Such charges are not included in the product price or shipping costs. By placing an international order, the buyer is responsible for obtaining information regarding their country’s laws, regulations and restrictions which may apply.
For goods shipped from the UK to the EU from January 1, 2021 the following changes will take place:
- Pell Wall is not required to collect VAT on orders shipped from the UK to the EU, provided that the EU customer will import.
- Customers are responsible for paying any applicable import VAT and duties on orders shipping from the UK to the EU (see below for details of UK-EU free trade agreement).
- Customs documents are required with all orders being shipped to the EU and will be supplied by Pell WAll via our shipping partners where required.
About the Brexit Deal
The Trade and Cooperation Agreement (UK-EU trade deal):
- Goods moving between the UK and the EU that meet the rules of origin will be customs duty-free.
- To get preferential customs treatment, merchants need to track and self-certify the rules of origin.
- Customs declarations will remain a new requirement for the movement of all goods between the UK and the EU.
Countries in Europe we are no longer shipping to
We can no longer ship to the following countries within Europe and have prevented the ability to checkout for delivery to these destinations.
We hope that this is a temporary measure and will keep this decision under regular review.
In order to continue shopping with us you may require an EORI number to accept imports into your country, you can find out more information on the EU Commision’s web site (please note that we cannot provide assistance with this).
It is important that you understand any changes as a result of Brexit as our products are made to order and any returned packages will not have shipping refunded and may incur administration charges depending on the cost to us and the circumstances surrounding your return.
As a result of Brexit many of our policies have been updated to reflect the new relationship we have with the European Union, please make sure that you understand these changes when shopping with us.