Our concept for this kit was a Lab-In-A-Box: everything you need to start making perfumes for yourself other than the aromatic ingredients themselves, for which we offer several kits as well.
The main things you’ll need that are not here are a good balance and, in time, an automatic stirrer: we plan to make a scale available through Pell Wall in due course. Meanwhile this will give you most of the other things you need in one box (follow the links to find additional details of many items in their individual product descriptions):
Accessories for Perfume Making included in the kit:
- Box of 60 Glass pipettes complete with 2ml teat and their own smart black and silver box
- 10 8ml plastic pipettes useful for moving larger amounts of fluid
- 1 100ml Erlenmeyer flask for making larger blends
- 2 100ml beakers for making smaller blends
- 1 50ml Filter Funnel and a pack of 10 90mm filter papers to use with it.
- 12 clear glass bottles to make very small blends in or to use to store blends you’re working on.
- 1 30g size Solvents and Additives Kit in its own black and silver box so that you have all the major perfumery solvents to hand plus UV stabiliser and antioxidant
- 100ml Perfumer’s Alcohol for diluting finished blends.
- 1 each of the Nuffield and spoon type spatulas for handling solid materials
- 1 glass stirring rod for manual mixing of blends and breaking up solids to help them dissolve.
- 1 pair of tweezers, handy for picking up small hard resins, removing difficult aperture reducers from bottles and many other odd tasks around the lab.
- 2 pairs of high-specification, thick nitrile gloves: these offer very good protection from materials that are difficult to handle (keep these for when you start buying materials like p-Cresyl Phenyl Acetate or Indole as a solid and need to keep it off your hands). 2 pairs of ordinary nitrile gloves for handling other perfumery materials (these are widely available and easily replaced).
- A pack of 100 top quality smelling strips to help you evaluate your blends and perfumes
- A smelling strip holder to use with the strips
- 5 Filter papers for filtering finished perfumes (but please note we couldn’t include the large funnel in this kit)
- 7 10ml perfume atomisers plus 8 2ml sample vials for small amounts of finished perfume in their own smart black and silver box
- 2 30ml perfume atomisers for completed fragrances
- 1 100ml perfume atomisers for your best finished fragrance
- A big grey and silver outer box to keep it all in with magnetic closure and ribbon pull.