We are recruiting for a product designer to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone to take on the task of writing unique and interesting descriptions for new products for our online store, pellwall.com. You would have overall responsibility for the following;
- Adding perfumery ingredients products to the store, when they come into stock, researching and writing descriptions of them, including sourcing quotations from well known perfumery writers where possible.
- Creating product images for new products
- Adding other products to the store when notified these have come into stock with appropriate descriptions of their uses in a perfumery context.
Skills and Experience
Some training and direction will be provided, but essential requirements include:
- basic IT skills browsing the internet, sending and receiving emails
- previous perfumery experience, including as a hobbyist – you don’t need to be an expert or qualified Perfumer
- a solid knowledge of perfumery practices and industry standards,
- a solid understanding of the perfume industry,
- good writing skills – a high level of literacy in English is essential
- attention to detail
- professional and respectful attitude to both customers and colleagues
- detailed knowledge of perfumery ingredients, how they smell and what they can be used for.
- self-employed, you work WITH us
- additional training / education available,
- opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- a relaxed working environment
The role would be largely a remote working role working from home with regular meetings and catchups with the rest of team.
Hours & Pay
Hours of work are flexible, initially amounting to a few hours a week, and fully flexible to fit in with your availability and lifestyle. Rates will depend on the level of experience of successful candidates.